The google search in Gay-bb.org
It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 21:02 pm

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 14:39 pm 
Moderators

Kryp wrote:
Fluff wrote:
PlowRox wrote:
use cloaked/proxy sites from sites like hide my ip to allow faster d/l's and grab files b4 they get deleted.....

Good idea.. I have just checked using my VPN.. DLed a rar part, using the free option, then turned off VPN then turned back on again [to get a different IP].. Result is no "Found another Download" message & thus I avoided the delay between DLs..

Any chance of showing us how to do this step by step, I'm confused lol

A VPN [Virtual Peer Network] is an encrypted tunnel from your computer to a foreign server that then allocates one of it's IP addresses so that no site or person that you then connect to will be able to see your true IP.. & because the traffic to & from the foreign VPN server is encrypted your own ISP can not see what you are uploading or downloading.. The ISP only knows that you have connected to an address in Sweden [or another country with good data protection laws & no logs of usage] & traffic is taking place.. They can't see the titles of Movies etc or which sites you visit..

The VPN that I use costs €3.75/month [relakks.com] .. Set-up & connecting to the VPN is easy [see relakks' FAQs for details for your OS]..

I used to use a VPN only for torrenting [to hide my real IP].. However, as disconnecting & reconnecting gets you a new IP each time, they are also usefull with the free downloads option from LiveFiles because you can avoid the delay between free downloads caused by the "Found another Download" message.. [Note: Using relakks' VPN when you are using a Premium Account will SLOW your download.. When using a VPN with a FREE download the rate remains at 100KB/s]

EDIT by Fluff Sept 28th 2013 NOTE I now use seedbox.fr which gives a seedbox for torrenting & a VPN which doesn't slow your Premium account downloads from File Hosters but costs €7.16 EUR per month [for ME the seedbox, used for torrenting only, was worth the extra money]..

I should also add .. that you should get any VPN for only 1 month to try it out.. What is good for my needs might not be good for your's..

read: hxxp://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-provi ... ly-111007/ for some other VPNs available.. [I can't comment on them because I have not used them]

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TuentiShare on SonicoShare on FriendFeedShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on MySpaceShare on DeliciousShare on Technorati

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 08:23 am 
Moderators

Thanks for the help Fluff :D

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2012, 20:42 pm 

Hi Fluff. Regarding Relakks, does this sort of service create a new connection of piggyback your existing one? The reason I ask is that there are 3 of us living here, and we all use one internet connection through a shared router. If I was to use the Relakks VPN from my PC, would it interfere with the existing connection for my housemates?

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 09:41 am 
Moderators

frostycab wrote:
If I was to use the VPN from my PC, would it interfere with the existing connection for my housemates?

NO.. They would still connect from their computers & would show the real IP.. You would connect from your computer & show the Swedish IP.. All 3 could be online at the same time..
You can even use the VPN account from more than one computer/location [eg. home & work] but only one connection at a time.. If your home comp was using the VPN to download something & you then opened a VPN connection, using the same account, at work.. The home comp would disconnect from the VPN [& that rar download would stop or, if torrenting, your real IP would be displayed & your ISP could see that you were torrenting]..

It's REALLY important to remember your username & password..
Relakks doesn't keep records.. so while their system would know that a "Fluff" had a valid account paid up for another 6 months, they would have deleted his email addy & means of payment etc... They no longer know who "Fluff" is.. & can't even remind him when his account is about to expire..
If you forget your username or password Relakks can't help..

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2012, 22:05 pm 

Thanks Fluff. I did actually message their support team and got more or less the same information back. They even offered to activate my account for a couple of days for free so I could test the service. Can't say much fairer than that!

One thing they did mention though is that I may need to create some rules on my router to make sure nobody else is affected. I've messaged them again for clarification and I'm awaiting their reply :)